Click here to download as a PDF.
“Thus says the Lord who made you and formed you from the womb, who will help you: ‘Fear not, O Jacob My servant and you, Jeshurun, whom I have chosen. For I will pour water on him who is thirsty and floods on the dry ground; I will pour My Spirit on your descendants, and My blessing on your offspring” Is. 44:2-3
- Jews & Christians We are in the month of Elul, the month of repentance in which Jews prepare for Yom Kippur (30th Sept) and other high-holy days – Feast of Trumpets (21st Sept) and Tabernacles (5th – 12th Oct).
Pray for strength, unity, wisdom, protection and increased outpouring of the Holy Spirit on our Jewish brethren.
- Settlements PM Netanyahu has strongly declared there will be no more uprooting of settlements in the land of Israel. He has told world leaders that it would endanger the entire Middle East.
Praise for the PM’s stance on settlements and Pray he keeps his promise and remains in his position of PM.
- Temple Mount In light of improved security in the compound, a one-day trial, held on Tuesday, will see both Arab and Jewish MKs permitted on the Temple Mount.
Praise for this and Pray that the Temple Mount will soon be open to all Jews and Christians at all times.
- The Peace Process The US realises that a two-state solution may not be possible and are no longer committed to it. The PA threatens to take unilateral action to achieve statehood if the US does not cooperate.
Pray for the US to stand firm and for PA plans to be thwarted.
- Terror attacks in Israel doubled in July. Israel has begun to impose harsher penalties on family members of terrorists in an attempt to combat terrorism.
Pray for protection, wisdom and strategies for Israel and for terrorists to realise the futility of their efforts.
- United Nations PM Netanyahu spoke strongly with the new UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres during a 3 day visit to Israel last week which included a tour of a terror tunnel. The PM chided the UN for its failure to act against the rampant anti-Israel and anti-Semitic incitement in the Arab world, including in the PA.
Pray that the new UN leader will steer the organisation in a more balanced and Israel-friendly direction.
- New UNIFIL (UN’s peacekeeping force in Lebanon) Resolution will bring tighter control on Hezbollah terrorist activity. Previously the Commander of UNIFIL has turned a blind eye to things.
Praise for this and for US cooperation and pray that the resolution will be implemented.
- UNHRC Proposed Blacklist The United Nations Human Rights Council intends to establish a database of Israeli and international companies operating in Jerusalem, the Golan Heights, Judea & Samaria. This could increase boycotts. The US has threatened to harm their funding or even pull out of the Council if the blacklist is published.
Pray that this blacklist is not published or if it is that the US will follow up on their threats.
- Iran has refused to give international inspectors access to their military sites. The US wants to determine Iran’s compliance with the 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers. Iran agreed to cap its nuclear activities in return for the lifting of crippling sanctions. If flaws in the agreement are not resolved the US may pull out.
Pray that pressure is put on Iran to comply and that their true agenda to eradicate Israel is exposed.
- Britain Pro-Palestinian group, EuroPal, will be leading a delegation from Jerusalem that will meet MPs in the UK Parliament this month. A BBC World Service presenter told his audience on a History programme that the modern state of Israel was “carved – as it was – out of land which had belonged to the Palestinians”.
Pray for understanding and discernment in the UK government and the BBC regarding Israel.
Sources: JNN News, Carmel Alert, Israel AM, CUFI, United with Israel, Intercessors for Israel, BBC, The Bible