Click here to download as a PDF.
He drove out the nations before them and allotted their lands to them as an inheritance. He settled the tribes of Israel in their homes.” Psalm 78:55 “For the Lord’s portion is His people; Jacob is the place of His inheritance” Psalm 32:9 Inheritance: receipt of an irrevocable gift, an eternal possession.
- Praise that there were no major incidents in Israel during Passover – answer to prayer.
- Praise for the 69th anniversary of Israel’s establishment. PM Netanyahu: “From being defenceless people, we have become a state with a defensive capacity that is among the strongest in the world.” Pray for continued protection and prosperity.
- Praise for more UK support of Israel PM May has invited PM Netanyahu to attend events commemorating the Balfour Declaration in November 2017. Britain has refused a Palestinian request for an apology for the Declaration. The PA has threatened international court action. The UK voted against a recent anti-Israel UNESCO resolution. Pray for the UK’s support for Israel to continue.
- Praise for Archbishop of Canterbury’s support for Israel and determination to counter anti-semitism. He recently visited the Western Wall with UK Chief Rabbi to pray for peace. Pray for Justin Welby to have more understanding of Israel and that support would spread through the Anglican Church.
- President Trump recently met with Abbas and expressed support for a Palestinian state by bilateral agreement. He will to travel to Riyadh, Jerusalem and Rome this month to appeal for religious tolerance and unity. He will convene Arab world leaders in Saudi Arabia; he will meet with Pope Francis in Rome and in Jerusalem he will offer details on his vision for a comprehensive Israeli-Palestinian peace. Pray that no false peace process will start once again. Pray that Trump will not be deceived.
- Jerusalem (Zechariah 12:2-3) UNESCO has again voted (on Independence Day) for a resolution to regard every action Israel does in Jerusalem is illegal. Britain and the USA voted against it. Israel has cut their funding by $1 million. Meanwhile Irina Bokova the new UNESCO Director General has reaffirmed the Temple Mount as Judaism’s most holy site and Jerusalem’s connection to the Jewish people. She has received death threats. President Rivlin has called on the nations to recognize Jerusalem as Israel’s capital and move their embassies to the city. Trump plans to make a public statement reversing official US foreign policy and explicitly recognizing a united Jerusalem as Israel’s capital. He may also announce the relocation of the US Embassy to Jerusalem. Pray for the peace and protection of Jerusalem and for blessing on the people and nations that acknowledge it is God’s city.
- Funding and glorification of terrorists Abbas has rejected calls by both Netanyahu and Trump to stop paying jailed terrorists, funded in part by Western taxpayers’ money. Pray for this policy to be exposed and condemned by the world. Pray for nations to stop funding terrorist regimes like the PA.
- Hamas and Fatah Hamas has produced a new policy document claiming their struggle is only against the Zionist occupation, not against Jews or Judaism, but its goal to eradicate Israel has not changed. Attempts to unify Hamas and Fatah continue. Gaza is in grave economic difficulties. Pray there will be no unity between the two PA factions, that world will not be deceived by Palestinian oratory and that the Gazans will realise the corruption of their own government and not blame Israel.
Sources: JNN News, Carmel Alert, Israel Today, Christians United for Israel, Intercessors for Israel, BBC, Bible