Click here to download as a PDF.
“He has not observed iniquity in Jacob nor has He seen wickedness in Israel. The Lord his God is with him and the shout of a King is among them” Numbers 23:21
- Praise for the Jerusalem 50th anniversary celebrations passing without incident. Half-a-million people signed United with Israel’s declaration that Jerusalem must remain united as the eternal capital of the Jewish State. Most Arab and Jewish residents have a strong preference to keep Jerusalem united, with people of diverse faiths and ethnic backgrounds living together in harmony. Polls also show that the majority of Arabs living in Jerusalem would prefer Israeli citizenship.
- Praise for Netanyahu’s very clear declaration that Jerusalem will not be divided and that the Western Wall and Temple Mount will remain in Israel. Praise also for his firm stance on maintaining military control of Judea and Samaria. This makes any peace deal impossible. Pray that the government is not moved by any false peace proposals or international pressure.
- Praise for the abandonment of a two-state solution by Netanyahu. Pray for the nations of the world to realise it will not work and that they will understand the true nature of the conflict. Pray especially for President Trump to understand the issues. Praise that Trump realised Abbas lied to him and that he took Abbas to task over continuing to incite and encourage terror against Israel.
- Salaries for terrorists and international aid Continue to pray that the practice of paying salaries to jailed terrorists and their families – thanks to foreign aid money provided by USA and other taxpayers – will be exposed again and again and brought to a complete end. Pray for worldwide exposure and that all international aid is cut off.
- Praise for the Feast of Shavuot – Pentecost celebrated last week. Jews remember the giving of the Torah at Mt Sinai and Christians remember the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on the same day hundreds of years later. Both events catapulted faith communities into action. As the book of Ruth is read at this time the festival also reminds us of God’s heart to bring together Jew and Gentile as “one new man”. Pray for more outpouring of the Holy Spirit in Israel, more labourers in the harvest and pray for unity and maturity in the Body of Messiah in Israel and around the world.
- Praise that Israel’s Ambassador to the UN, Danny Danon, has been elected as Vice President of the 72nd Session of the UN General Assembly. For one year, beginning September, Danon will chair meetings of the General Assembly and help set its agenda. Pray for him and his influence there.
- The Fast of Ramadan began last week when many Muslims are earnestly and sincerely seeking God. Pray that many find the truth about Yeshua, and come to experience his great love. Pray also for the police, army and security and intelligence forces in Israel especially at this time.
- UK General Election Pray for a clear Conservative victory so that Brexit can be successfully completed. Pray that Corbyn’s anti-semitism and terrorist sympathies will be exposed. Theresa May is a decades-long, outspoken friend of the Jewish state and its people.
Sources: JNN News, Carmel Alert, Israel Today, Christians United for Israel, Intercessors for Israel, BBC, Bible