Click here to download as a PDF.
Thus says the Lord of hosts, “I am zealous for Zion with great zeal; with great fervour I am zealous for her … I will return to Zion and dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth …” Zechariah 8:2-3
- Give thanks for some answers to prayer:
a. More rain and snow – pray it continues but not with too much severity.
b. Paris Peace talks came to nothing – Britain sent only low level diplomats and blocked a French initiative to have the European Union adopt Peace Summit statement.
c. Allegations of corruption against PM Netanyahu – no more heard
d. UK government continues to show support for Israel – In response to President Trump’s ban on immigrants PM May criticises 16 Muslim countries’ permanent ban on Israelis.
e. United Nations – the new Secretary General Guterres appears to be more pro-Israel. He referred to the Jewishness of Solomon’s Temple. His statements have angered the Palestinians.
- New settlement of 6,000 homes announced in east Jerusalem – first for 25 years. PA seeking UN action against Israel. They claim settlements are obstacle to peace but the real obstacle is the continued Palestinian incitement to violence and terrorism. No condemnation from US.
PRAY for continued boldness for Israeli government.
- Iran violates UN resolution by running a ballistic missile test. Iran says it did not breach UN resolutions because they are for defence purposes and not designed to carry nuclear warheads, but they are not to be trusted. Pres. Trump vows to stop them and the US has officially put Iran on notice. Netanyahu will meet Trump on 15 Feb at White House. Iran’s nuclear programme, entrenchment in Syria and aid to Hezbollah are threats to Israeli security.
PRAY the truth of Iran’s intentions will become evident and further sanctions will be imposed.
- US Embassy move to Jerusalem Pres. Trump now says it is not easy and there are two sides to it so no definite promise or time. Jordan, the Palestinian Authority and other Arab allies have warned the US of severe repercussions should it proceed with the move, including a review of bilateral relations with both the USA and Israel. Arab states have also warned of an upsurge in violence should the embassy be relocated. Pray that Trump will not be intimidated but will follow through with his promise.
PRAY for good relations between USA and Israel.
- Funding Palestinian terrorism Obama released $221 million to the PA on the morning of Friday, 20 January – just hours before Trump took office. Concerned that some of these funds could be used to help families of terrorist prisoners and “martyrs”, the Trump administration has reportedly frozen the transfer, however, they may be released in the future. It is likely the US State Department will review where the funds are going and release much of it to genuine humanitarian causes.
PRAY for this funding to stop!
- Defence – Israeli home front preparing for thousands of rockets The IDF considers Hezbollah the most substantial threat, with at least 120,000 rockets aimed at Israel. In addition to planning for a mass evacuation, the IDF has spent millions of shekels on upgrading and constructing new public bomb shelters. The command has also begun carrying out annual nationwide emergency drills for schoolchildren. In addition, it has begun to teach high school students how to administer first aid to themselves.
PRAY for good and divine security on the northern borders of Syria and Lebanon.
PRAY for trust in the Lord and no fear in their hearts.
“Behold I will save My people from the land of the east and from the land of the west; I will bring them back and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. They shall be My people and I will be their God in truth and righteousness” Zechariah 8:7-8
Sources: JNN News, Carmel Alert, Israel Today, Christians United for Israel, World Israel News, The Bible