Click here to download as a PDF.
“As a lion roars … so the Lord of hosts will come down to fight for Mount Zion and for its hill. Like birds flying about so will the Lord of hosts defend Jerusalem. Defending He will deliver it, passing over He will preserve it.” Isaiah 31:4-5
- TEMPLE MOUNT This site is the most precious piece of land on earth. God has put His name there forever and Satan is contending for it. Following the murder of two Israeli policemen in the Old City, Muslim protests began when Israel installed metal detectors at the Muslim Temple Mount entrances. Concern for Israel’s overall security caused PM Netanyahu to remove these. The tensions are not about security but about the issue of sovereignty and control. The Palestinians and their anti-Semitic allies are desperate to maintain the status quo whereby the Jordanian Waqf Islamic Trust manages the site. Though it is Judaism’s holiest site, Jews are still not allowed to pray there. Muslims can pray there and are not required to undergo any security check to enter but the Jewish and Christian visitors are required to pass through metal detectors, submit to security searches, and agree not to engage in prayer while visiting. The Mughrabi Gate is the only entrance to the Temple Mount for non-Muslims. There are 11 entrances for Muslims only. This situation seems grossly unfair to Jews. They are seeking not only to have free access and pray there but to build the Third Temple. Clearly there are spiritual forces behind this battle.Thank God that the unrest at the Temple Mount last week was contained. Thank God for the USA’s pro-Israel stance during the recent Israel-Jordan tensions. PRAY that full control over the Temple Mount will be returned to Israel in God’s will and timing. PRAY that other nations will understand the significance of this holy site – where YHVH has put His name forever. PRAY that all attempts by the Palestinians and their allies such as Iran to eradicate Israel will be thwarted.
- TERRORISM The PA continues to encourage terrorism at all levels. They now use half of all foreign aid to pay imprisoned terrorists – $344 million for 2017 that’s not going to build roads or hospitals. President Trump threatens to end US aid if the PA doesn’t quit. At Hamas summer camp, teens “liberate” al Aqsa mosque and “kill” Israeli soldiers. The PA celebrates every Jewish murder and Abbas congratulates the perpetrators. They offer incentives to Arab residents of Jerusalem and encourage conflicts and violent attacks against Israeli security forces. PRAY that the PA agenda will be exposed world-wide. PRAY that foreign aid from the US & Europe stops completely.
- BORDERS In the so called “peace talks” there is continued pressure for Israel to return to the pre-1967 borders. This would leave the center of the country nine miles wide and its borders indefensible. It would also include the redivision of Jerusalem. An Israeli retreat would encourage further Arab attacks and lead to an all-out war. PRAY that Palestinian and global leaders will understand that there is zero chance of Israel complying with any plan for a future Palestinian state based on pre-1967 lines. PRAY for “peace talks” to be abandoned.
- BARRIERS Israel will construct a new underground barrier at locations along its border with Egyptian Sinai to prevent tunnel infiltrations by ISIS terrorists. The barrier is expected to be complete within 18 months. It will be identical to that which is currently being built along the Gaza border. In February, the Egyptian army destroyed six tunnel openings between Gaza and the Sinai, causing concern in Israel that ISIS has plans to infiltrate into the country .PRAY for security on all borders and effective barriers against infiltration.
- GOVERNMENT According to the latest polls, PM Netanyahu’s Likud party would win 30 Knesset seats if elections were held now. That’s the same number that the party currently holds, but is up by five seats from previous polls. Netanyahu’s right wing government looks like it will be in power for the foreseeable future.Praise for stable and secure Israeli government. PRAY for PM Netanyahu as he defends himself against accusations of corruption. A former top aide is to testify against him in two corruption cases being investigated by police.
- BDS The Council members from the two largest parties in Munich, Germany are submitting a bill banning municipal funding and support for BDS activities. Praise God for this initiative. PRAY for more anti-BDS legislation.
Sources: JNN News, Carmel Alert, Israel AM, CUFI, United with Israel, Intercessors for Israel, BBC, The Bible